Sunday, May 10, 2009

world of warcrack

so I've been playing WoW lately.

and by lately, I mean right now. Like, my priest is flying to The undercity as I'm typing this on Tink.

Yes, I am that much of a loser.

But yea, I am playing WoW again after two years of not playing it at all. It's good fun, I'm not sure how long it'll last, but it's great for now. Soon the child will be home for summer, and I won't be on the computer so much. Who knows, maybe I'll get him into it.

I'm finding it kind of funny that I picked the game back up at the urging of a new friend of mine. She loves the game and has maxed out a couple of her characters, so I reinstalled and started a game on her server.

That's not the funny part. The funny part is when I was playing last time, I had a friend tell me that they weren't going to be friends with me anymore if I kept playing the damned game. Man, did they hate it. Eventually, I stopped playing and we're not friends anymore... it's all unrelated though.

It's just, friendships are made and broken over silly things like games. I've never really understood how people could let something like a game interfere with life so much as to disrupt it or their family. I suppose it's all a form of escapism, not unlike drugs or alcohol, but even still....

I don't know, it's just not something I can wrap my head around.

1 comment:

eva said...

you're so right, games is a way to escape just as much as drugs, alcohol, food, sex .. i've been seriously addicted to sims, i had delete the game from my computer to have a normal life (and i still don't have a normal life?? i feel cheated!! haha!!)

it's weird that your friend asked you to choose between them and the game..