Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The teenage years, part 6

Gosh, there's just so much and so little to say all at once.

Boyfriends.

My first boyfriend lasted all of a couple of weeks. We didn't talk, and didn't see each other, ever. He 'dated' me simply because his best friend was dating one of my 'friends'. It's strange how we didn't know each other, and dated... later we became very close friends. I don't use the quotes here, even though I question whether or not I ever connected with him.

Either way, he was the first. The second was his best friend. That boy made it around all of my 'friends'. Moving from one to another, to the first and so on. I 'dated' him for a weekend. He attempted to give me a hickey on my left breast on a Friday. After he met my brother, I realized that they knew each other, and he was afraid of them. It was funny really. On the Saturday or the Sunday he 'cheated' on me with one of my friends.

At the end of the weekend, it wasn't a big deal at all. We all moved past it.

I was able to move past it quickly because of the third boyfriend. He was a 'friend's step brother, and I thought he was adorable. She introduced us, and we commenced dating. We talked on the phone a lot. He lived in the town that I live in now, and I lived in the city I wish I live in, not long distance by any stretch but at the same time, it was young... I don't want to say love, but I think you catch my drift.

Anyhow, we'd meet in neutral territory, like shopping malls, as neither set of parents were prepared for us to meet anywhere else. And this is when I became 'parking lot girl' as this boy and I used to make out there, being that it was fairly neutral.

The fourth boyfriend wasn't much of a boyfriend. He asked me if I wanted to go to the movies with him, and a week later proclaimed it was our one week anniversary. I was very confused, but we made out a little, so I went along with it. Then I dumped him, and he told everyone our age on the street we lived on that he'd 'popped' me.

This was the second time my brothers threatened a boy to defend my honour. At that point, the tender age of 14, I had of yet, not been popped.

The fifth boyfriend... I liked to refer to him as the car wash. Since that's what kissing him was like. It was wet, and kind of yucky. 3.5 weeks later, I broke up with him. It wasn't going to work out. I have... issues... with saliva. Mainly that it grosses me out, so an excess of spit in kissing... I cringe just thinking about it.

That boy wound up dating the girl that the second boyfriend cheated on me with. I wound up being a little more upset than I should have, since I did the breaking up. She asked me if it was okay, and I of course fulfilled my portion of the social contract and said Yes. They dated, and were happy for a time.

I ended up getting over it, and at another school dance, I met him... the boy who'd be a large part of the next 2.5 years of my life, and lead me to a huge turning point in my social development.

But, since there's a lot to cover with him, and he did wind up being somewhat important, he gets his own blog post, or perhaps more depending on how it all unfolds. He is the boy I refer to as BF1, since he was the first REAL boyfriend I had.

1 comment:

eva said...

ha ha, "the car wash"!!

i always thought i missed out on a lot of boyfriend- fun as i'm from a very small village and there just wasn't many to go out with... but maybe not going through several two week "relationships" wasn't so bad after all.