Saturday, April 18, 2009

menopause and memory loss

Last weekend we had dinner at my mothers house for Easter. As always it was a nice family gathering, however both of my brothers were not present. But that's fine by me... I can normally get my mother to open up a bit more when they're not around.

We got to talking about memory. We've all noticed that my mom just doesn't remember things anymore. All the time, she just loses things and doesn't recall conversations, appointments, purchases.

And this scares the hell out of me.

Being someone who remembers EVERYTHING... I'm now terrified of menopause.

While my gift of psychotic memory is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing, I don't want to lose it.

anyhow... I think we're supposed to be getting ready to go now, so ttfn

1 comment:

eva said...

at least you have a memory.. i don't, i loose my stuff, forget conversations and stuff i've done, the way home, birthdays..etc etc. i sometimes wonder how it will get when i get older- yet everone doesn't loose their memory when they get older though. sooo we might get lucky :)