Thursday, April 30, 2009

feeling better

I decided to stay away from the blog until I was a little more clear headed. One can only post so much depressed stuff before she's got to get away from it, so that's what I did, and here I am.

And I am feeling much better about life and everything. Granted, I've sent out several more resumes, and have gotten a couple of responses. One I interviewed for yesterday, and another that I'll be calling back today (it's a work from home gig, totally awesome).

The interview though, did not go so well. I mean, I answered all the questions, I preformed beautifully... but I blew it before I even started. As I was filling out the application, I said to the interviewer that I was looking to get out of the call center industry. I advised that I was just getting tired of it all... not realizing that the job was for an in house call center.

Quickly, I restated that it was third party call center work that I was looking to remove myself from, blah blah blah... but the damage was already done I think. The way I see it, it would have been a hassle to get to and from every day, so it's not that big of a deal that I didn't get it. But, it does mean that I must follow up with this work from home fella today.

And I've been exercising again. It feels good to know that I am again trying to get my weight under control after letting it slide for so long. Hubby almost thinks it's a bad idea to get more healthy right now, in light of swine flu. But I figure if it's going to get me, it'll get me whether I exercise or not.

I never thought I was going to grow old and die... I always thought it was going to be cancer, but if it's the flu, it's still no big deal.

and on that depressing note... I shall leave you.

2 comments:

eva said...

i wondered where you went! it's great that you're feeling better! and also great that you manage to work out regularly! i have tried for a while, but never seem to manage keeping it up .. therapy lady said it would be good to fight depression, so i'll keep trying.

Shana-Marie said...

I've tried regular scheduling workouts before, but it's never worked. This time, I think the only reason I am still keeping up is simply because I've been telling everyone about my plan... and sort of micro blogging it each day. It hold me accountable... but then... that's just me!

Exercise is great for depression, and insomnia too.