Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Proudly Canadian.

The Winter Olympics are in Canada in 2010. This is exceptionally cool!

Never before has a Canadian won a gold medal on Canadian soil, and I'm hoping that this is the year that we change this. Also, I'm sort of hoping that this will help our Southern neighbours to understand that Canada is not a part of the US.

(I seriously had a customer argue with me over roaming charges. his plan gave him nationwide coverage, so he shouldn't have been charged roaming when he was in Quebec... in Canada. Yes, he acknowledged that he was in Canada, but still though it was part of the US....)

Anyhow... I'd love to be a part of the Torch Relay for a couple of reasons. Mainly just because it would be uber cool, but also because I think this year I've really done a lot to change my life. I've stared straight at myself, and forced myself to move forward, against all odds. And all throughout, I've never lost my sense of humor. I've held fast to that, and I think our sense of humor and ability to laugh at ourselves is a hugely Canadian trait.

That and the hubby named my breasts after the mountains in Vancouver. Lefty's named Whistler, and Righty's named Blackcomb. Or was that the other way around?

So yea, me as a Torch Bearer, what do you think?


Post?slot_id=

No comments: