Saturday, February 7, 2009

To steal directly from AFP...

On Abortion, Rape, Art and Humor

Okay... so I'm not quite stealing from her. But I am linking to her directly. And when I start this... well, I'm not entirely sure where I'm going, but whatev...

First and foremost, has the world lost it's sense of humor?

I mean, Seriously?!

Go watch this video... well... not go, sort of watch it on my page, and then keep reading.



So, you've watched, or at least listened, or are listening to it now, and reading ahead, but I'll ask my question anyhow. Do you think AFP is seriously trying to "make light" of abortion, rape, and religion?

I really don't think she is. I think it's more of a satirical song. I think she's just directly addressing topics that are considered 'taboo' that no one wants to talk about. And why DON'T we want to talk about it?

Because people suck. Because people take everything too seriously. And, because people tend to not think for themselves.

Take for instance this article.

Now... you may be wondering where my stance is on all this. I'm not pro abortion, but I am pro choice. It's not my place to judge anyone, their state of mind, or decisions. What is right/wrong for me may not be the same for someone else.

Anyhow... I said I didn't know where this was going at all, but discussion would be great, so please discuss.

And I'll finish this off with a sign I saw at a pro life place. It said 'Chastity, the new sexual revolution!' Isn't that like saying that Genesis is the new word of god?

1 comment:

eva said...

i watched the video and read the blog post of the woman - i'll have to read the article too.

it's so true, not being able to joke about stuff makes it even DARKER and worse.
i laugh at a lot of stuff, i laugh at myself, i laugh at things that some people frown upon me for laughing at. i don't think i'm evil. humour doesn't have to be evil just because it deals with touchy issues. it's a way to approach issues that would otherwise be hard to look at. it's a way to live with things that are hard to live with.
it's sad when people take offence when no offence was intended.

i'm looking forward to your chastity blog post!!