Tuesday, February 3, 2009

So here I sit

This week, hasn't started off any better than last, but here's where I take a little more control.

I'm miserable in my job. It sucks. My shift sucks, work sucks, it all sucks. I don't have to like it. I don't even WANT to like it. And at the end of the day, that's okay.

I'm going to get back to trying to make the best of a shitty situation. I don't have to like it, but it's what it is, and I can't change it by sitting on my ass crying my heart out.

First thing. I decided to not apply for the job that was posted. The way I see it, if the job is currently making me sob and have panic attacks, I really don't want to get promoted. More money and more responsibility will not make things better.

So, I didn't apply.

I am however revamping my resume and going to hit the streets again. I can't stay in a job that sucks this hard, and a job isn't just going to fall out of the sky, I have to work at it to find one.

And I will.

1 comment:

eva said...

it's ace that you had insight enough to pass on the promotion. you're totally right, you don't need that responsibility when you're not doing well. also, time and peace of mind is worth more than money as long as you can afford food and housing etc.

i'm glad you're looking for another job, apparently it's easier to get a job when you already have one?

sometimes things like panick attacks and depression can be positive as it makes you realize you need to change stuff.. at least that's my experience.