Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Highly Amused

So, I sometimes forget, people love me.

Some of the people I used to work with love me at least.

I haven't been there in almost a year and a half.

I guess the structure of things is changing again, and as such they were talking about who was going to take on the role that I was once being groomed for.

One of my former team members mentioned my name. Another of my team members agreed that I'd be perfect. And the two current heads of the dept (not really heads, but I can't get too specific for fear of the ramifications) they both agreed... but indicated that it WOULD NOT HAPPEN.

They said it was because the company in question would not hire me.

Here's the thing, and what my 'insider' was thinking. Why the hell would I even WANT to go there again? After how things ended, there's no way in hell I'd ever go back. The guy I thought was a dear friend of mine sold me out. My boss sold me out. The client I dealt with made things up. And the VP who hated me spear headed my firing.

yea... I WANT to go back there.

I'm rather disgusted with myself for even being in the same industry now. But in the current economy, you take what you can get.

Anyhow. I love that my name still comes up there.

I need to get myself back there. I miss my friends.

No comments: