Thursday, January 15, 2009

Thanks for Thursdays

As Blanche DuBois once said "I have always depended on the kindness of strangers"

It's funny but it's sort of true.

This week, I'm thankful to all the strangers, the people I didn't know and still don't know who've been there to help in one way or another.

The people who've held doors open for me and my son. The people who move on the bus when they see my blind stepfather get on. The man who stopped his car in the middle of the street to make sure that I was okay walking home at midnight, and the cop who did the same.

And you blog readers. You've been there, reading and commenting on some of my darkest entries. I've never met you, but I hope to one day, but you've been THERE which is more than I can say for some (but not all) of the people I know IRL.

And most notably I'm thankful for the two gentlemen who stopped their cars on the side of the highway this Saturday night. The weather here has been weird, so the road was snow covered ice in some parts, and as happens sometimes, we spun out. Thankfully the hubs managed to direct the slide away from oncoming traffic, but still we went off the road. Had it not been for these two nice men stopping we would have had to get a tow out. But these men pushed, and pushed and got us out. A third person actually stopped their car, to keep traffic from flowing when we were almost out.

So THANK YOU everyone who's been there for me and mine.

3 comments:

CybKnight.com said...

Hahaha

eva said...

this blog entry put a smile on my face :)

Concha said...

it's always nice to run into nice people. there is just too much hatred in the world, running into these deeds of kindness always puts a smile on our faces.