Monday, January 12, 2009

Honestly now!


So... the wonderful Princess handed me a summons to the court of honesty, and I think I'll take her up on the offer...

Basically, you're supposed to write 10 honest thing about yourself and then nominate 7 people or so to do the same. I'll do the first... but I don't think I have 7 readers who would/could do this, so if you'd like to, go nuts!

  1. I've put a couple secret tweets up on secrettweet... not telling you what they were though.
  2. sometimes, and only for a minute, I wonder if I'd be happier had I never met my husband and had my son. It's always fleeting, and I always know I wouldn't.
  3. I wish I had more readers, and more social interaction on this blog.
  4. Someone I once had a one night stand with is now following me on twitter. I'm both flattered and disturbed by this. I'm not in a place where we both are mutually desperate.
  5. I don't let people into my life, and tend to push them away. When they inevitably go away, outwardly I'm angry and hurt... but it's really all directed at me.
  6. October 2008 was the last time I physically harmed myself. Over the years, I've punched, cut, burned, scratched and hit myself with blunt objects. I consider vitamin B a big part of my healing.
  7. I have a friend, whom I'll call A because that letter has nothing to do with their name, that I'm intensely jealous of. They're so accomplished in life already, and I don't think I'll ever come anywhere near their brilliance.
  8. There was a time I would call my mom an 'opportunistic whore'. I followed in her footsteps for a while.
  9. I really don't want to go to Florida with my In laws, but I'd feel rude saying no... so I just made that week last on my vacation bid.
  10. I spent close to 25 years of my life lying to myself, and everyone around me that honesty is a hugely refreshing change.

3 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

I'm impressed that you managed to do 10 things...I certainly didn't!
xo

eva said...

it's impressive that you managed to stop self harming! i used to do it for a while, and it was so hard to stop. i told myself that hey, there's so many people being shit to me, the last thing i need is ME being shit to me as well. i hope you keep up the good trend of treating your body as your temple :)

Shana-Marie said...

:-)

Thanks!