Monday, December 8, 2008

The Great outdoors

I am not a fan of this season. I know, how unCanadian of me, but I just don't like snow.

It involves shoveling, and the roads are slippery, and it means I have to wake up earlier to get places on time.

THEN factor into this equation that I walk/ride my bike to work, and we've got a whole other pickle. The long story short is that I hate snow.

The summer's not much better, because it involves sweating, and ick.

By now, I'm sure you've figured out that I'm not an outdoorsy person. The hubs is though. He loves to go camping, and skiing and generally 'rough it'.

My idea of roughing it is going to an area that doesn't have a Starbucks.

Anyhow, my idea of a Christmas present for him was some Adventure Gear, so maybe he and the friend(s) could go camping or something in the not so distant future. Maybe they could even bring the little man. Who knows?

Then I think to myself, would he actually use it? Hell, we've got a tent, and sleeping bags here that have never been opened.

Perhaps I'll just buy myself a new mag-lite and see where we end up.





No comments: