Sunday, November 9, 2008

On art, tarot and tattoos

artist - 2 a: one who professes and practices an imaginative art

I am an artist.

I create art with my pen and my camera.

Well... I haven't lately, but the fact still remains that I am an artist.

Sadly though, I am not what the conventional would think of as an artist, meaning that I do not draw, or paint or colour.

This means that the concept for a tattoo that I've had kicking around for a while is a little defunct. I had two artists offer to draw it up, but neither delivered.

This also means that I do not have the skill to colour a deck of my tarot cards that are black and white and I think would be awesome coloured.

Perhaps, one of these days, I'll make friends with someone who'd be kind enough to assist. for now... I'll practice on other decks, and work on one of my many many other tattoo ideas

2 comments:

eva said...

what is your tattoo concept?? tell me about it in detail and i can do you a drawing. i get nervous when people ask me about doing tattoos, but i guess if you don't like it you just won't use it:)

eva said...

oh and i follow you on twitter by the way! i just worked out how to use it, they say it's good for etsy promotion , so i have a million etsy "friends" .