Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Everything's coming up Shana!

So yea, Last week I sort of hit the bottom. Like, I was HARDCORE depressed, crying and flipping out. The future seemed so uncertain. I pretty much spent the morning/afternoon sobbing my heart out, and not doing much else.

Then I decided that crying wasn't getting me anywhere. I'm a big believer in Karma, and if I don't help myself, then I'm not going to get anything good come to me either. So, I set out trying to fix what I could fix.

I mean, I messed up and misjudged the day my EI ran out, but I couldn't change that now. And I could put out resumes, and what's the point of being depressed about not getting in somewhere I really want right away. Just because I'm in an entry level position doesn't mean I'm stuck there, right?

And then I started to clean. My front closet was a mess, so I started to clean that out, and getting rid of shoes that we don't wear, or need anymore. Basically, I decided to clean up my life, starting with my house. So, Friday, I cleaned up the closet, the hall, the stairs and my front room. Saturday, I sort of hung out with the little man, and Sunday, the hubs cleaned up half the basement and the downstairs bathroom.

Monday, I was applying for jobs like it was going out of style.

Then, When the washer finally got fixed, I set to work on washing EVERYTHING in the house. For the last 4 months I've been only washing what was absolutely necessary to get by. The whole paying to wash stuff didn't sit well, so I wanted to save as much money as I could.

Anyhow, on Monday I got a call asking me to come in and interview today. I accepted, even though it was one of the LAST things I wanted to do, but like I said above, it's not the end of the world. Then, Tuesday, I got an email asking me to interview today as well. I rescheduled the first interview for tomorrow, and did the new interview today.

And then, Today, the hubs tells me that his manager wants my resume as they may be hiring for positions that I'd be qualified for where he's at.

I mean, HELLO! Thank you Karma!

All I know, is I've got to keep up my end of the deal, and keep working on cleaning up my life, and good things will continue to happen.

Oh yea, and today, I found a pair of my glasses that I thought were lost! I'm gleeful!

2 comments:

Princess of the Universe said...

That's fantastic!!
Good luck with everything! :)

eva said...

it can be really hard to start such things when you're really down, so good effort!! it can be really refreshening to tidy and sort everything out, it's like you tidy up in your head at the same time or something.