Saturday, October 18, 2008

comfort food

so, yesterday was pretty shitty, but to help cheer myself up, I cleaned out my front closet (where I found another two purses... I really do have a problem) and made myself some Onion Bhaji. Very tasty!

Onion Bhaji Recipe
Ingredients:
• 4 onion
• 1 cup Plain Flour
• 2 tbsp Milk
• 2 eggs
• 2 tsp chili powder
• oil to fry
• Salt to taste
Method:
• Chop onions into fine strips.
• Mix flour, chili powder, milk, eggs and enough water to form a smooth paste.
• Add the onion and mix thoroughly.
• Drop spoonful of mixture in heated oil and deep fry.

Spicy Tomato Dipping Sauce:

• 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
• 1 tsp cumin (optional)
• 1 cup tomato sauce

today, I'm making potato and bacon soup. I'll post back with my results

1 comment:

Lora said...

these sound so yummy. i will copy this recipe and let you know how they go. i've got all this stuff at home right now! perfect.