Monday, September 1, 2008

On When to quit, and tomorrow

The girl I was talking about before.... well she just doesn't know when to quit. She's still at my brother, and she's still texting like crazy. She really did never let go of him, even though she's married and moved on.

I don't know what's going on, so I'm not about to make any snap judgements on her. I'm honestly one of the last people who could, but I can still say that what she's doing is wrong. I can say that no matter what's going on in her relationship, that actively going after another man is never the answer. My brother though, is totally not interested, and is involved with someone else anyhow, so it's a moot point really.

She really should have quit when he told her that, but hey, I've personally found that sometimes you need to attach your message to the business end of a sledge hammer to get it through to someone.

And then onto tomorrow.

Tomorrow is going to be rough. School starts back up then, and the little man is NOT happy with it at all. This is the first time I've been off for the summer, so it's the first time he's gotten more than a day or two with me over and above the weekends.

I've loved it, and so has he. The problem though, is that he now wants his mommy all the time. I'm going to have to go back to work at some point, and I won't be home all the time, but he doesn't quite get that. The very idea of not spending all day every day with me is bringing him to tears.

I know that he's going to be fine once he gets there and see's all his friends again, it's just the getting him there that's going to be the problem.

If he cries, I'm liable to cry. And if I cry, he's not going to let me go. So, I somehow, have to watch him cry without reacting.

Heaven help me, but tomorrow is going to be brutal.

No comments: