Tuesday, September 9, 2008

It was the best of times, it was the blurst of times...

So the hubs got quasi promoted.

Basically, he's doing the same job, only getting paid more, and has more job stability. He's moved off the recruiter's contract, and onto the company's contract. And since he's now a contracted, unionised worker, things are looking up.

There's a catch though. His current pay cycle may not mesh up with the company's pay cycle... so it could be a bit before he gets paid again.

There's an even bigger catch too... Since he's now a part of the union, and unions sometimes strike, they're withholding 2 weeks of pay to cover any strikes and such that may happen while he's on the contract.

This means... it will be 4-6 weeks before he gets paid again after this Friday.

The upside is that I'm finally not paying EI back for the 'overpayment' that occurred when I won my fight with my former company.

The down side is, we're so far behind on bills already that we were going to be treading lightly until the end of the month. Now though, unless we can finagle something with the bank, we're not going to have the money to pay our bills, or mortgage.

The funny part, if we can just delay our 2 mortgage payments between now and 10/24, we'd be able to pay a lump sum into our mortgage account.

Cross your fingers for me... I'm hoping this works out. I'd hate to have to borrow money from my mother, because she still doesn't have the money to spare, and it's close to a grand that we'd need to survive until his pay comes in...

Then, we'll be more than fine, we'll be fantastic!

I'm more than a little upset that we have to call off our TO trip this weekend. I was so looking forward to meeting The Princess this weekend and we're not going to make the trip, because at this point, EVERY penny counts for something. I think this is the first time I've bailed on doing something with someone legitimately in the last year.

oy...

1 comment:

Princess of the Universe said...

I am absolutely convinced that this meeting will happen...just...later...
xoxo