Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Have I mentioned...?

That I hate doctors?

Yea, hate 'em. Last time I went to my doctor for a physical, she got to the most intimate part of the exam, and said oops. To be honest, she didn't have to say oops for me to know she'd messed up, as I felt it, but it was nice that she owned up to her mistake right away.

I bled for the better part of the day after that.

While at work, because I'm dumb, and would schedule doctors appointments in the middle of the day because I could, and would go back to work.

Anyhow... I'm healthy, and they'll be doing blood tests on me to check the usual suspects.

The only problem... I have to do a complete fast for 12 hours. This, isn't a huge issue for me, since I quite often go days without food just from not thinking about it, but no water for 12 hours will drive me batty! I drink from the moment I wake up to the moment I sleep, and I go well above the daily 8-8oz cups

So, my interview was yesterday, and it was at a clothing store at the mall here. The clothes, well, they're aimed at the 22-35yr old career woman. I like the store, and it'd be a great change of pace. The manager I met with and I really seemed to get along. I'm not hoping too hard for it, but I'm still feeling pretty good.

Anyhow... I don't have much more to say on that topic... I sense a life story post coming in the future though

2 comments:

Elise said...

A 12 hour fast for blood work? I've never heard of anything like that... The only time I've had to not eat or drink anything is for surgery. I hope you get through it okay and that your tests return good results. And I hope you land that job! ^^

Shana-Marie said...

I think it's mostly for the cholesterol portion of the test. It can be impacted by the things you eat and drink even as recently as an hour before the test.