Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gearing up...

So, even though the little man was upset that he only got two presents (he got Mario kart for the wii, with an extra wheel) and a huge batman toy, he seemed satisfied when he opened them.

We tend to make it a point to spend no more than 100bucks on him for birthdays and such. See, he's got my mom and step dad, the MIL and her hubs, and the FIL and his wife getting him presents, so if we get more, it turns into a huge overload.

If you ask me, it already is an overload, and the boy is already verging on becoming a HUGE greedy boy... but so far, that's just me. We'll see how it pans out in the end....



The cake was finally a hit. I think next time I'll have to get a better recipe. I had one... the cake was like chocolate brownies, and the icing was wonderful.... I just don't have it anymore, and as such, didn't have a good cake to make.


It goes (bottom to top) Chocolate cake... Marshmallow, chocolate cake, and butter cream icing. I swear to you, there are spots that the icing is a half inch thick because the hubs told me I was being too stingy...

And for those who looked... in the batman and robin picture from the last post... well, if you take a look at robin's right leg... you may see something there... sticking out as the case may be... and I promise you, I didn't put it there... it's just a clean scan from a magazine!

And either later today or tomorrow sometime, I'll continue my tale... the next part is a tale of betrayal...

No comments: