Friday, August 22, 2008

for the love of DRAMA!!

So, the hubs has a cousin. His cousin just had a baby. She's perfect in every way imaginable. I don't know what it is, I tend to fixate on little baby hands, especially their fingernails. I've been trying to figure out why I fixate on something so silly like hands and fingernails, and have decided it's because they don't change.

The baby's face, body, hair, everything but the hands and feet will change. Those two, the hands and the feet, they'll remain the way they are forever. Sure they'll get bigger, but they don't CHANGE, if that makes any sense to you.

Anyhow, before my MIL brought me over there she started telling me stories of what's happened to the dear cousin since she announced the pregnancy.
It seems that her sister in law... we'll call her JH... anyhow when they announce it JH threw a fit. She burst out into tears, and shrieked "how could you do this so soon?!" and ran from the room. Everyone, save for the cousin had to go after her to make her feel better.

I can understand her being jealous. Hell, I'm jealous. My body's clock is ticking, and the hubs wants nothing to do with another baby. I personally think it's not fair to leave the little man an only child, but that's just me. Anyhow, I'm swaying off topic here.
So, I get the jealousy, especially since she can't have babies of her own. She had to adopt. But to scream and cry and freak out and demand to know why someone had a baby 3 months after they got married, is just a little insane.

Anyhow, JH gets over herself, only to move on to the next piece of drama. The name. They were going to name the baby Ruby. Great name, have no complaints about Ruby. But they didn't name her that. They caved to JH when she decided it wouldn't be appropriate to name the baby Ruby because someone else in the family at some point wanted to name their baby Ruby and something happened to that Ruby never came to be.

And then there's other things, like she'd slamming breast feeding, and telling the cousin that she's harming her baby by breast feeding and that she should stop because the baby dropped some weight.
Really, that's just jealousy talking because she couldn't breast feed her baby.

The sad part is, the hubs' cousin is very sensitive, and doesn't like to offend anyone, so she's taking all of this to heart and is very upset.

You know, I'm a self proclaimed drama queen (at times) but even then, I don't' think I'm half as bad as miss JH

oh, and anyone who doesn't already go to my LJ... check out this entry where I beg the world for pins

2 comments:

Elise said...

Sounds like JH isn't much more than a baby herself...

Persephone said...

just to let you know, I changed my URL to riverofdespair.blogspot.com, because I decided the previous one was too long.