Friday, August 29, 2008

Family and stuff....

So my brother is down.

The same brother we visited last July. He's got the kids with him, and I swear, in the last 2 months, they've both grown so very much! I love seeing them, and I wish they lived closer so I could see them more often, however sadly, my bro's got a good job, and won't be moving back any time soon.

Anyhow, we played on skateboards, and scooters and bikes. Then we played tag at the school. It was so much fun. Then the kids broke out the boxes and played kitties for a while. They were even drinking their water from a bowl.

I'm telling you, when these kids start playing, they really get into it.

Anyhow... When the kids come down, it means the summer is pretty well over. In addition to that, it means that not only is school about to start, but Christmas is coming.

Oy, Christmas. That's not even something that I want to think about right now with the state of my bank account, but it's something that I've GOT to think about to be honest. Every year, the hubs and I argue about shopping before his birthday, 11/30, and we end up rushing, and not getting the right things for people. It's ALWAYS a mess, and a pain.

I hate the mall during the best of times, but I strongly believe that Christmas brings out the worst in people. Every one's pushing and shoving and no one's looking. You try leading a blind man through that, and then you'll understand my pain, and hatred for Christmas crowds.

All of this not withstanding, I'd LOVE to do a 'black Friday' trek to the US. I'm told it puts our boxing day sales to shame. I'm hesitant though, because of the crowds, and how early you have to be up to get the real deals. Waiting in a 5am line is not my idea of a good time.

Then I discovered thanksgiving ads. It's got all the big stores there, and lists of the deals and ads that they'll have. The Best Buy Ads for the garmin GPS were pretty interesting, especially since I really want to get the hubs a GPS for Christmas this year.

Anyhow, the site makes it easier to plan where you're going to line up at 5am, so you're at least not wasting your time, you know? And any updates, well they get emailed to you so you don't have to dig around to find what you want.

No comments: