Thursday, July 24, 2008

When I'm 64...

Don't mind me, I'm not really here anyhow. I'm just taking a break from shambling around my kitchen trying to load the dishwasher in my drug addled state. Needless to say, round one with the antihistamines has been consumed, and I didn't quite fall asleep. The hubs will be home later with some cortisone cream, and I'll hit myself up with round two of the drugs.

Anyhow...

You often see me post here about music, or lyrics and things, and I think you might have guessed it by now that I am something of an audiophile. One of the songs that really changed my life, bands really but we'll bring it back down to just a song for the sake of this post, was When I'm Sixty-four by the Beatles.

Must seem odd that someone as young as me is declaring the Beatles were part of her personal revolution, but I think they were.

Anyhow, the song, when I'm 64 talks about taking a vacation on the Isle of Wight. It's something I've always wanted to do. Just pick up, and go on vacation, and right now, the Isle of Wight seems like as good a place as any.

Heck, I've even looked into UK Family Hotels and airfare and the like. I'd love another vacation, and part of me feels like I need it. But then, after the last vacation, I'm not entirely sure I'm up for another.

One day I'll head out there. Maybe, by the time I'm 64...

1 comment:

ian said...

You should try the Isle of Wight someday. There are hundreds of things to do and places to go there. Have a look at these web pages for inspiration
http://www.allaboutgoingout.com/isleofwightthings.php