Monday, July 21, 2008

back pain

I've had back problems almost as long as I can remember.

Okay, so not really that long, just since my teenage years when I was working tech theatre. The problem with being a girl on a male dominated crew is that you always feel like you need to prove yourself. Like just because you wear dress pants, blouses and high heels, that you also need to carry boxes and speakers that are WAY over the range that you can safely carry yourself.

It also didn't help that I was as stubborn as all hell, and don't like asking for help. Anyhow, long story short, I've got chronic back pain these days. I do yoga, and that helps with a lot of it, but not quite the whole shebang, you know? I've also been thinking about getting acupuncture done, as I've heard that really does help a lot.

Another thing I've been thinking about is like a massage chair or bed. The Takemi Jade Vista 5000 Massage Bed is one that I've just heard about, and it seems really cool. It's even got MP3 playing capability, so it can really help you to relax. I only wish I had the money to get something like that!

No comments: