Thursday, July 3, 2008

5

I think I'm starting to run out of things to write about. Good thing it's getting close to the end of the week, right?

I've been reading tarot for years.

I got my first deck of cards when I was 16 I think. I was pretty good with them. I had two decks, my mom and my best friend each got me a deck for Christmas that year. My mom got me a rider waite knockoff, and my friend got me a gypsy deck. I read them pretty well every day until one day, when I saw my great grandfather die.

I read both decks, and they both said the same thing. I told my mom about what I saw, and she told me that I was being silly. I begged her not to go bowling that night. She told me that he was doing better (although he was in the hospital) and he'd be fine, and she went. By the time she finished bowling, we'd lost him. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone trying to get her, but they were between the bowling alley and the hangout they went to after bowling at that point.

I was hysterical.

After then, I didn't really touch my cards much at all for a few years. And even then, I haven't managed to be very accurate or consistent with them until fairly recently. I figure I just need to stick with it.

No comments: