Wednesday, July 2, 2008

4

It's what, Wednesday now? How's your week been going?

I figure by now my Zen's battery power has died out, and unless I've conned my brother into charging it for me (it charges via usb) I'm without my music, my life line.

I have no musical talent myself. Never have, and I doubt I ever will. I have no rhythm and I can't carry a tune in a basket, but I love music. All kinds of music. I've had people claim to like a lot of different kinds of music, then the meet me and realize that they're rather closed minded.

I truly mean it that I'll listen to anything that's not most country or new style rap.

I once had a mix cd in the car, and I took it out when one band (freezepop) started telling the hubs that he wouldn't like it. He told me I was trying to 'limit' him, so I put it back in. WE got through barely one song and he was calling it 'gay music' (as in music for gay men) and agreed that I was right.

He hasn't questioned me about music since then.

1 comment:

Elise said...

If you're ever interested in hearing some music from Japan, let me know! My husband and I primarily listen to Jrock, but our tastes do reach beyond that. Our taste in music is actually what brought us together in the first place. I think it's important to have a wide variety of musical styles to listen to. ^^ And I don't have an ounce of musical talent either. My friend Kate plays five different instruments, and even though she's tried to teach me, I've just never been able to learn! >.<