Sunday, June 22, 2008

Once upon a time

Once I had a friend. Once I had a lot of friends.

Many times I turned my back, and many times I was left alone.

I'm just not good at maintaining friendships. I was looking at my wedding pictures (ghastly pictures of me) and it made me a little sad to see my maid of honor, and my bridesmaid... both of which are out of my life now. And the hubs' best man, also not a part of our world. And other friends that attended the wedding... well they aren't so much around anymore.

Some of us have 'connected' through Facebook, but it's not really connecting because we don't really talk or honestly, CONNECT in any way shape or form.

I wish I wasn't do damned good at burning bridges.

One of these days, I'm sure, I'll stop running and actually face myself and the people who love me.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I'm the same way. I've lost touch with a great many people over the years. The only people that I really have left in my life are my best friend and my husband.

Shana-Marie said...

I lost touch with my best friend last year. I'm still not sure what happened, one day she told me she needed me in her life, and loved me like the sister she never had, then I was on a 1.5 month long business trip... well, needless to say she didn't really talk to me when I got back.