Friday, June 27, 2008

I'll never be 5'10"

So, the interview wasn't so much an interview as it was a "here's what we do, are you interested" session. And it is fairly interesting, it's financial services, selling the same kinds of services that the bank offers, only at different rates, hopefully saving people money. And, it gives you an opportunity to be social.
The downside to it all is, I'd need to get my insurance license to do it, and that's $220 I just don't have. And then, the work is commission based, and there'd be fees to pay the company every month of $300 for a laptop rental, and for benefits.
Overall, it's just not something I can do at this time.
Well that and, I think I'd hate it.
I still have time before I have to start lowering my standards. I just get really worried about compromising who I am for a job again. I just can't let that happen again.
Oh well, I'm still sending out resumes.

1 comment:

Elise said...

You'll get something that suits you! ^^ I don't blame you for not taking that job. Having to pay all of that money just to get it doesn't sound like a very good deal to me. And never compromise who you are for anything, it's just not worth it.