Monday, June 30, 2008

2

Today, I figure I'll talk about my obsession with makeup.

I used to be something of a tomboy. I grew up with two older brothers, and they had a tendency to bully me, pick on me, and generally warp me into the woman I've become.

Anyhow, I ended up learning how to blend into the background, and did my best to avoid notice. I was pretty good at it too, if I didn't want you to notice me, you didn't see me. I was practically invisible until I broke up with my first serious boyfriend.

We were together for something like two and a half years, and by the end of it, well, things were brutal. In short I was a psychotic bitch, and treated him like worse than shit just because I wanted him to break up with me. Some how, I thought that I'd end up not being the bad guy that way(I never claimed to be smart)

Anyhow, by the time we broke up, I needed to change. I just so badly wanted, needed, to be different. So I changed the way I dressed by wearing clothes that fit, and bought skirts, and button down blouses. I also discovered make up.

Kohl and I became fast friends. I became quite adept at Egyptian style eyeliner, and was quickly the 'make up' artist in my group of friends. Before a school dance everyone would come to my house and I'd make them up, or we'd meet in the school bathroom.

Currently, I have an entire drawer full of various eyeliners, shadows, blushes, foundations and other concoctions. It's all very fun.

One of these days I'll go to the MAC counter and get one of them to make me up, just so I can see how the pro's do it.

1 comment:

Elise said...

I understand the obsession with makeup. My mother and sister got me into using it, but when I got into goth, I really became obsessed with it. I've become a semi-pro at it. My friend Kate is always asking me for help and people at work do the same. My face is most often my canvas and I'll show you some of my work when you get back. ^^