Sunday, June 29, 2008

1

So, since I'm not going to be around, I figure I'll have my blog randomly update for me.

I like to pretend to be active, and it gives me a chance to tell ya'll about myself without being all emo and mopey.

I have had a love-affair with black since I was a kid. I love wearing it, and I tend to not incorporate a lot of colour. Lately, I've managed to bring some reds, blues and purples into my world, but I'm still not the greatest at mixing colours in.

Black looks good on me, so I might as well keep it. It's also easy to match black with other colours, and you don't have to think much of it.

I also love velvet, lace, and silver accents.

My step dad used to make fun of me for wearing black, at least until the day that I told him I did it because I was mourning my childhood. That shut him up I think.

My affinity for the lack of colour (or presence) is actually so bad that when I had friends, and I wore colour, they'd take my temperature. When I was working, one guy even commented that I was acting differently and based it on black with drawl.

So that's me and the colour black.

Yea, this post is kind of the suck, but it's rather late, and I should be getting to bed, but I couldn't think of much else to write about.

I will say though, me and black have really caused a lot of arguments about whether or not I'm a goff girl or not. I say not, I just like black. So people who don't know me, say I'm goff because of how I dress. People who know me say I'm goth but just don't know it yet. The say I see it, I don't quite fit into any stereotype, and as such, can't be goth.

yea, so not sure where I'm going with that.

5 comments:

Spider63 said...

People are not very understanding. Often the pace of life makes people put little thought into others.

Elise said...

If wearing black is what makes you happy, then keep wearing it! Black is pretty much an every day thing for me, too. Even though I can't go to work in full goth attire, I still usually wear all black just about every day. I'm the same way when it comes to mixing colors into my dress. People are just like O.O; "Are you all right?" XD

Persephone said...

"My step dad used to make fun of me for wearing black, at least until the day that I told him I did it because I was mourning my childhood. That shut him up I think." Tee Hee.

Persephone said...

BTW, you spelled goth wrong.

Shana-Marie said...

nope... the 'typo' was intentional. My resentment for being called a goth kid has bled into me generally referring to what most people would consider goth 'goff'.