Friday, December 14, 2007

needs of the flesh

Does anyone know how long it takes for the need for a baby to work it's way out of your system?

I've got a hardcore case of babyitis, and it's just getting worse and not better. My husband doesn't want another baby. Every time we talk about it, he either ignores me, changes the subject or comes up with excuses.

He's worried about his career you see. He's driven (but not all that driven, seeing as how he's not actually done anything to get his career is the 7 years I've known him) and all he sees his his career. He's made comments before about how having a family is holding him back.
you know, maybe we are holding him back. I've told him that if that's the case, he should just up and leave. I'd understand, and wouldn't hold it against him. it's hard to be a father, and we were both so very young when I got pregnant. I wouldn't even ask him for support of any kind.

I don't know... I'm going off topic a bit I suppose.

I come back to my original question. How long does it take to stop wanting a baby? So far, I've got 3 years of really really wanting one under my belt, and for the last 6 months or so, I've often been caught crying over not being able to have another. how much more of this do i have to bear before it goes away?

No comments: