Monday, November 26, 2007

on blogging

You know, this is my fourth/fifth serious blog since 2001.

Yup, 2001 is approximately when I started blogging. My first blog was a Diaryland account. I can't remember what it was called, it's been years since I used that account. It was devoted to being pregnant, and a new mom after my son was first born. It was a series of letters from me to him. I backed up the old entries somewhere because I thought it would be a nice gift to give him one day, maybe when he's on the verge of being a father.

I dropped that journal after about 9 months or so, give or take a few weeks. I then started a Deadjournal in or around 2002. I blogged in that, it was ranty, emo and seriously depressed. I think I called it something like depangel. yea, very young, and very dumb. I dropped that journal sometime after a year or so, and started another DJ, this using my more common online handle Tryphyna. I blogged in that from about 2003 on. I sort of count these two as the same blog really. one was just an extension of the other.

I manually purged the depangel account at some point. I just didn't want to be reminded of the past.

Then came the LJ. This one is my princestryphyna (tryphyna was already taken and princesstryphyna was just too many characters) and I've had this one since mid 2004. it started out as just a place where I'd cross post some stuff from the DJ, and was just there really for the sole purpose of reading people on LJ's journals. At some point in the last year or so, it's become exclusively my primary journal. the last time I posted to DJ was about a year ago.

I also sometimes use my myspace blog, but that's rare, and generally nothing more than what I've posted to my LJ. Because of this I'm not counting it. I also created another LJ that I'll not name because I so rarely use it, and another diaryland account that has some of my old writing that I'd rather forget about, and I'm sure there's a few others out there (I mean, there's a tryphyna blogger out there too, that's mine, and it's not updated ever)

I need to be honest about this blog. I read somewhere about paid blogging, and thought it was a great idea, so that's what I plan to do with this one. I didn't want it to get too personal, but at the same time, I HAVE to post in it for a minimum of 2 posts a week, and for 3 months before they'll look at me as someone they'll pay. And it seems like an interesting new forum to speak my mind in. We'll see if I'm actually capable of keeping up two completely separate blogs, because I've made a rule. No Cross Posting. so everything you read here is 100% original to this blog.

Update: found the old tryphyna blogger... and have added it to my profile. two whole entries there.... w00t

No comments: