Sunday, November 25, 2007

the hardest thing...

The hardest thing I've found when it comes to writing is keeping it up. I've got so many manuscripts that I've started, and got a couple of chapters (if that) into and just haven't been able to keep it up. I've got so many ideas that I know are great, but haven't been able to put the pen to paper so to speak.
I don't know what it is.
Is it fear? am I afraid to fail?
Could be, I've failed in most aspects of my life.
I don't know, but I'd like to find out. More than that I'd like to finish something.
Lately it's a Sci-fi story based on a dream that I'm trying to work on. It's interesting, and I'm not quite sure where it's going. Everyone always talks about planning a story, and researching into things before you write, and that you have to come up with clear character profiles before you even start. I just can't do that. maybe I wasn't meant to write.
who knows. I just wish I could find some kind of direction.

No comments: